There are times you will want to use Gmail as your primary email application and you want your corporate, email@example.com emails to funnel into your Gmail account. It's easy and you can make that happen. Just follow the steps below.
Finding Your Email Settings AT PureEdgeDomains.com.
1. Log into your account at PureEdge Domains. You should land directly on your products page.
2. Click on the “Manage” button next to Workspace Email section.
3. Run your mouse over the email address you desire and tap the “Email Set Up Center” from the window that pops up.
4. You’ll find other email tools on this page and the email server settings. You'll need these settings when setting up your Gmail to send and receive your POP3/IMAP emails. The most important settings you'll want will be your email address (which is also your user name), your email account password, and the incoming and outgoing server settings below.
Setting Up Your Gmail Account
You can use your Gmail account to send and receive your corporate email address by setting up your domains email address as a POP3/IMAP and SMTP account at Gmail. This article will explain how to set up Gmail to use your domain email address.
PLEASE NOTE. If you previously had a forwarder to your Gmail, you will need to remove that after your Gmail is set up. Also, we recommend using the SSL settings. The SSL email setup is more secure as it encrypts the data while in transit.
Let's get started.
1. Log into your Gmail account.
2. Go to the Gear at the top right and select "Settings".
3. Click the Accounts tab.
4. Next to "Check mail from other accounts (using POP3)," click Add a POP3 mail account you own.
5. Enter your domain's email address and click Next Step.
6. Enter your POP3/IMAP information for your domains email address in the form. Click Add Account.
7. You will see a message stating Your mail account has been added. You can set the email to send as well. We would suggest that if this is your primary email management app, that you send as well.
Note! If you do not want to send through Gmail, click the "No" radio button. You don't need to follow the next steps. If you want to send through Gmail, select "Yes" and Click Next Step.
8. Enter your Name. Click Next Step. If this is a general business email such as firstname.lastname@example.org, you may want to name it "Information at Example".
9. On the Send mail through your SMTP server page, fill in your SMTP Server (typically "mail.domain.com"), Username (full email address), and Email Password. Then, click Add Account.
10. Now, Gmail will email a verification code to the address you just added. Check your domains email for a message Gmail sent you. Click the link in the email, or Enter the code into the text box and click Verify.
11. Now you will see your Domains email address in the Send Email As and the Check mail from other accounts section.
Read carefully through all of the other settings here as you may want to customize your email experience. For example, you may want this domain email to be your primary email address. You may also want to customize your signature.
Have fun using Gmail and enjoy.